St. Peter and St. Paul's Church, Aylesford
Our Church's priorities 2013
Posted by on Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Under: Church priorities
2013 Church Priorities
| January 2013
1) Find ways to encourage each member of the church to grow in their faith
Emphasis particularly on prayer, home groups and study groups. Also, people to be called to be Readers, Pastoral Assistants, Evangelists and ordained ministers.
2) Find more ways for the Church to be active as part of the community
We want to build on the success of events like Back to Church Sunday, the Jubilee Street Party, carol singing in the square and school mentoring.
3) Support and promote work amongst children and young people in the Church
This includes supporting the Sunday Club, Holiday Clubs and Junior Choir and perhaps new initiatives.
4) Try to get the Organ Restoration project fully funded
This involves fund-raising initiatives in addition to the funds that come from Social and Fund-Raising Committee and "Friends" activities.
5) Explore opportunities to enrich our forms of worship
On special occasions as well as within our present service pattern, broadening our range. As examples, this might include some more contemplative worship, more use of drama and liturgical action, different ways of using music, more involvement of young people and more marking of festivals and seasons.
Chris van Straaten
Africa Day of Prayer
« Back to posts
Finding peace in a busy life
Introducing the Revd Ruth Peet
Children and Families (12)
Aylesford Organ (12)
Christian Aid (5)
From the Vicar (5)
Saturday Market (5)
'The Friends' Events (4)